Thursday, March 09, 2006

DILDO NATION
"I always think 'Nothing can top what they did yesterday' but then it will pale in comparison to what they did today."
- Mike Malloy (Air America Radio) about 2 months ago
No truer words have ever been spoken. Today, still reeling from the revelations by South Dakota's state senator Bill Napoli regarding who he feels is justified in obtaining an abortion (see previous post), I hear that the state of Tennessee is planning on outlawing "genital stimulation devices." In other words, DILDOS. Yes folks, this is what our elected representatives are spending their time working on....outlawing the posession, sale and display of the devils own device, the dildo! This is insanity. So again I will ask you, "where do you draw the line and say enough is enough?" What is the harm in owning, posessing and displaying a goddamn dildo? And what's next? Will you have to produce the recipe in order to purchase cucumbers? Is there any facet of our lives which these christo-fascists DON'T wish to involve themselves in?
I'd laugh, I really would, but it's not funny. It isn't. In a matter of about three weeks or so, the religious reich has flooded the country with these insane "moral" laws. Whose business is it what ANYONE does in private as long as it doesn't physically HARM another living human being? What is it with these fundies that they have this insatiable desire to ingrain themselves in every aspect of our lives? ESPECIALLY the womans life? Is it that their lives are so amazingly DULL that they must live vicariously through the rest of us? Those of us who aren't sexually uptight and repressed? Doesn't their religious life fulfill them? Obviously not. So why are you living that way? If your wish to govern someones life down to the smallest detail, work on your own life and that of your family. I'm not religious. I don't believe abortion is murder, I don't think homosexuals are sinners and I don't think DILDOS are going to be the downfall of all mankind. But I do KNOW that a hell of alot of priests are pedophiles. So YOU can outlaw dildos if WE can outlaw priests. Deal? Of course not. Yours is a one way street.
Here's the link so you can decide on the necessity of this law for yourself: www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/News/Political_Notes/2006/03/02/Down_With_Dildos_/index.shtml
I am not even going to further comment on this (ANOTHER) ridiculous attempt to control our lives by the religious reich for I would simply be repeating myself. Meanwhile, I have some shopping to do before MY state enacts such riduculous legislation. I wonder what time the 'Pleasure Emporium' closes?