Monday, January 30, 2006

RUN LIKE HELL
You better run like hell You better make your face up in Your favorite disguise With your button down lips and your Roller blind eyes With your empty smile And your hungry heart Feel the bile rising from your guilty past With your nerves in tatters When the cockleshell shatters And the hammers batter Down the door You better fun like hell You better dun all day And run all night And keep your dirty feelings Deep inside And if you take your girlfriend Out tonight, You better park the car Well out of sight Cos if they catch you in the back seat Trying to pick her locks They’re gonna send you back to mother In a cardboard box You better run
- Pink Floyd
With the authorizing vote in the Senate today to enact cloture in the debate over Samuel Alito, 230 years of democarcy on this continent came to a screeching halt. At approximately 4:45pm today I was violently tossed against the wall in my living room as the long-running wheels of freedom in America ground to a halt for the firt time in more than two centuries. With my shoulder bruised in the ensuing tumble, I stumbled outside and collapsed on my front lawn where I lay, weeping for my country. I wanted to run and never stop! Run until I was as far away from the storm I could hear brewing on the horizon as was physically possible. Run until I collapsed from exhaustion! Run in terror! But a horrible aching sense of desperation had taken over my mind.......America, land of the free, is no more. I was overcome with a deep sense of imminent foreboding. My breathing and heartrate increased exponentially until I believed my poor heart would literally explode from my chest and take off on its own, leaving the rest of the body to fend for itself. After a few minutes of laying there in sheer emotional agony, I dragged my weary corpse back inside my apartment where I await the sound of bootsteps in the hallway and the inevitable knock on my door.
"Doomed! You're all doomed!"
- Friday the 13th, Part I